Parking fees are for horse clinic spectators, dog walkers, casual users and general parking. During large special events parking fees are often waived but must be discussed with the FVRD for approval.
| Parking per day|| $5 per vehicle|
|Parking Yearly Pass -transferable between Isl 22 and Dewdney Regional Park|| $25 per year per vehicle|
| Passes available at the Gate House|
The equestrian park Island 22 Regional Park is becoming very busy with horses and riders practising for upcoming events as well as riding for pleasure.
Although the entire park is open to the public, the FVRD parks department asks people to be cautious while in the equestrian side of the park and always keep dogs on leashes.Chilliwack Times 2010
The Fraser Valley Regional District will not be permitting dogs to be off leash while in the equestrian area of Island 22 Regional Park, as of June 1.
The area in question is on the south side of the dike. Staff will construct a fenced off-leash area on the north side in what used to be the campground. The FVRD is also suggesting alternate dog walking locations along the Fraser River, such as Peg Leg, Jespersons or Gill Road.
The FVRD says they have recorded more than 400 dog violations at the park over the last 24 months. These have included dogs attacking other dogs as well as park visitors and equestrian riders.
The on-leash area will remain in effect through the summer, though the park will continue to be monitored. Offenders face prohibition from this area of the park.
Rules Posted on the FVRD Website
• Female dogs in heat are not allowed in the off-leash area.
• There is a limit of four (4) dogs per person in the off-leash area.
• Puppies younger than four (4) months of age are not allowed in the off-leash area.
• All dogs must be licensed and vaccinated.
• All parking areas are on-leash; please leash your dog until you are in the off-leash area.
• Choke collars should be removed when you come into the off-leash area.
• You are liable for damage or injury inflicted by your dog(s).
• You must be in control of your dog(s) at all times.
• Horses must be avoided to prevent the risk of injury to riders. If you see horses, leash your
dog(s) and move to a different section of the park. There is no off leash allowed in the Horse Park
• You must muzzle dogs that exhibit dangerous or aggressive behaviour. Biting, fighting and
excessive barking is not permitted.
• You must carry a leash for each dog while you are inside the off-leash area.
• You must leash your dog(s) at all times when it is outside the off-leash area.
• You must visibly carry scoop equipment, clean up after your dog(s) and deposit feces in garbage
• Bringing food into off-leash areas is at your own risk.
• Unattended dogs are not allowed in the off-leash area.
• Fines can be up to $200.00 for the first dog related offense under Animal Control and License
Bylaw 2004, No. 2994.
• You must closely supervise young children at all times.
• Parking is not permitted in the boat launch except in designated parking lots and on the north
(river) side of the dyke. Please do not park in front of gates.
• There is no fishing allowed in the boat launch.
• No alcohol consumption permitted in the park.
• People who see unattended dogs or other rule violations can contact the park contractor or
Regional Park staff to report the occurrence.